It’s that time of year again — Halloween! Besides being a time for candy, jack-o-lanterns and trick-or-treating with friends, it’s also a time for spooky costumes. And your puppy can definitely join in on the fun. Every year, there’s a variety of pup costumes for your furry friend to wear, but if you’re not sure what to dress your pup as, have no fear. We have compiled a list of possible costumes your pup can wear for this year’s Halloween celebration!
- Disney characters: From Mickey Mouse to Abu from Aladdin, there are so many Disney costumes available for your pup to wear. With how popular Disney characters are, it won’t be hard for your pup to be the talk of the night.
- Superheroes: Let’s face it. In today’s world, superheroes are incredibly popular. And they aren’t going away anytime soon. You can dress your pup up as your favorite superheroes like Wonder Woman or Captain America. You can also go for old cartoon favorites like Underdog.
- Pumpkin: Simple and classic, a pumpkin costume will be easy and comfortable for your pup to wear and for you to find in-store or online. It also goes along with the Halloween spirit as jack-o-lanterns are a part of the celebration.
- Banana: Like a pumpkin costume, a banana costume is simple and classic getup that will easily garner laughs. As most banana costumes are a one-piece suit, your fur-baby will also be most comfy during trick-or-treating or at a Halloween event.
- Witch: If you want a particularly spooktacular costume for your pup, a witch costume is the way to go. With a variety of choices to pick from, your pup will definitely fit the spooky festivities.
- Beanie puppy: There’s no denying that Beanie babies are cute. A beanie puppy? Even cuter. The costume itself is also pretty simple to create and wear. Just print out the tag and place it around your fur-baby’s neck.
- Bug: Lady bug, bumble bee, spider—these are just some of the many bug costumes that are popular for puppies. While some are spookier than others, your furry companion will have no problem turning heads while trick-or-treating or at a costume party.
- Princess: It might not be the spookiest costume in town, but it’s still worth the wear. With a little tutu and princess crown, your puppy will be the fairest of them all. You can shop in-stores or online or you can search up DIY tutorials on how to create a custom princess outfit just for your pup!
- Flower: Most flower costumes just come with a comfy headpiece for your pup to wear. And if you’ve got a green thumb, you can even transform your fur-baby into your favorite flower.
- Clown: Comfortable, fit and colorful, a clown puppy costume adds a bit of hilarity and cuteness to the spooky Halloween spirit. Most come with a little hat and a suit, though a full-on outfit is also sold in-stores and online.
Before you make any decisions or purchases for costumes, always make sure that your pup is comfortable with wearing outfits and being around other people (if you’re planning to go to a party or trick-or-treating). You should also make sure that their costumes are safe and easy-to-wear. If your pup is not keen on the idea of costumes, you can always opt for a bow or tie. Whichever costume you decide for your pup, your furry friend will definitely capture the spirit and fun of the spooky festivities.
If you want to learn more tips for your puppy’s first Halloween, read our blog: Everything You Need to Know for Your Puppy’s First Halloween.